During this season of giving, we asked our Parking People to share the recipes of their favorite Thanksgiving dishes. Read on to discover how you can bring a bit of our Propark family to yours this holiday.
Pumpkin Muffins by Amy Z.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F & place 12 paper liners into each well of standard-size muffin baking
- Measure out flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, & spices in medium bowl & whisk together. Set
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, & vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients & add white chocolate chips. Stir together.
- Use large scoop to evenly distribute batter into each well. They will be nearly full.
- Bake for 20-22 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
Sausage Tortellini Soup by Amy H.
- 1 pkg tortellini
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 cups chopped whole tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cup zucchini chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Drain & put aside.
- Remove sausage from casing, then brown in a large soup pot. Remove completely browned sausage from pan & put aside. Reserve fat.
- Sautee onions & garlic in sausage fat until translucent.
- Add: chicken broth, water, red wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, & tomato sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sausage & simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, parsley, & pepper. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add tortellini last & simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese & bread.
Chicken Noodle Casserole by Pam K.
- 3 or 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- Wide egg noodles
- Shredded mixed cheese blend
- 1 can French Fried Onion Rings
- GRAVY: Simmer on stove top – chicken drippings, 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup, & 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup. Add 1 tbsp of milk if it seems too thick.
- Bake chicken & save chicken drippings/grease from bottom of pan. After baking, cut chicken into 1” pieces.
- Boil noodles al dente style, rinse with cold water, & strain completely.
- Place noodles in casserole dish & chicken pieces evenly over top noodles. Pour gravy mixture over noodles & chicken.
- Sprinkle shredded mixed cheese & fried onion rings on top.
- Bake casserole for 40 min at 375°F, until top is lightly brown & gravy is bubbling.
Apple Dump Cake by Deana G.
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13”x9” pan with cooking spray.
- Mix dry cake mix, cinnamon, & nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Place chopped apples in pan. Top with dry cake mix & pour melted butter over top, making sure to cover top with as much butter as possible.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Scalloped Potatoes by Emily S.
- 5 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 leek onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ham, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 tbsp onion salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 5 ½ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Peel potatoes & use mandolin to slice them. Rinse potatoes well with cool water & pat dry. Place potatoes in large bowl & toss with ham.
- Cook half the bacon thoroughly over medium heat until the fat has rendered. Remove bacon from the pan & add leeks to allow them to caramelize (3-4 min). Add the diced bacon and single stick of butter back into pan & stir together until butter melts. Add onion salt & pepper, whisk in the flour, & cook, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Whisk milk into sauce until smooth. Raise heat to high & bring sauce to a boil. This allows sauce to thicken, so stir constantly for about 5 min. Transfer sauce to a bowl.
- Scoop a small amount of sauce to coat the bottom of the pan or Dutch Oven. Place half the potatoes in the dish; cover with half the sauce mixture. Repeat this step with the remaining potatoes & sauce. Take remaining uncooked bacon & place on top of sauce mixture. Bake uncovered for 30-35 min, until bacon appears crispy.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Cover with a lid of tin foil & cook until sauce bubbles (about 90 min).
Slow Cooker Recipes
Chicken Enchilada Chili by Lauren P.
- 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 can (15 oz) chili beans in mild chili sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn drained
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 cups chicken stock/chicken broth
- 1 pkg (8 oz) soft cream cheese
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- In large crockpot, add enchilada sauce, undrained tomatoes, undrained chili beans, drained & rinsed black beans, drained corn, & uncooked chicken breasts. Add all seasonings & chicken stock. Mix well.
- Cover & place on high for 3 ½ hours or low for 5-8 hours. Then remove the chicken & shred in separate bowl.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes & add to crockpot. Stir well & cover. Set temp to high. Let it sit for a few minutes & then use large whisk to briskly whisk cream cheese.
- Add shredded chicken to crockpot & cook on high until all cream cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, or desired toppings.
Chicken Taco Soup by JoAnna H.
- 2 rotisserie chickens
- 2-3 cups chopped onion
- 1 can chili beans – do not drain
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cans black beans – drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ cans (short) Mexican corn – drained & rinsed
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes – do not drain
- 1 or 2 cans (4oz) chopped green chilies – do not drain
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 packet chicken taco seasoning
- 1 packet taco seasoning (regular)
- Drain & rinse black beans & corn
- Apply cooking spray to inside of crockpot.
- Remove meat from chickens & hand shred; add to crockpot.
- Add rinsed beans with chopped onions.
- Add undrained cans of chili beans, tomatoes, & chilies; mix ingredients.
- Add seasoning packets & tomato sauce; mix well. Add chicken broth (about 1/3 of the container at a time), mixing between each add.
- Entirely cover crockpot; cook on low for 4 hours.
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate by Mike B.
- One 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups milk
- 12 oz pkg white chocolate chips
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- In 5-quart slow cooker, mix sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, chocolate chips, pumpkin, & pumpkin pie spice. Stir well to combine.
- Heat on low for 3 hours or high for 1 ½ hours, stirring frequently.
- Serve with whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon.